Monday, September 10, 2012

Oh, oh! I want to talk politics!!!

Last election at this time, Bendbubble 2 was up and running and I could indulge in all the politics I wanted.

I could even be Anonymous!

See, when I read some other blogs, and they start spouting stuff I disagree with, well, I just stop reading them. So, I'm pretty sure that would happen here, too, if I start letting my liberal freak flag fly. I don't want to lose half my readers, or more likely more than half, here in Bend.

Last election, I was saying Sarah was a joke, and I was being told, she was a winner. Hey, guess what.

Anyway, yesterday, I was looking at the picture of Obama being picked up in a bear hug by a small business owner, and thinking -- that's it. That's the election.

Some other columnist (Joan Walsh, Salon) was saying the same thing, and being told that was pretty pathetic.

But here's the thing. The critics are tone-deaf, just like Romney is. They don't get it. Romney can't keep his story straight because it isn't what he really believes.

Obama gets picked up in a bear hug, cause, well -- because Obama's a good guy.

That's the election.


5 comments:

H. Bruce Miller said...

"Sincerity is everything. If you can fake that, you've got it made." -- Groucho Marx

Unfortunately for Romney, he's so phony he can't even fake sincerity.

Duncan McGeary said...

However, I'm thinking I'll write a 50.00 check to his campaign.

(Only thing that worries me is getting on their radar, but Linda contributed the last campaign, so probably too late...)

Duncan McGeary said...

I can't TELL you how much more I want to say....

I'm resisting.

Politics suck.

H. Bruce Miller said...

You're gonna send a $50 check to ROMNEY?!?

Duncan McGeary said...

Right after I jump of a cliff...