Thursday, January 19, 2012

Talkin' to my friend Noah....

What shall I talk about today. Gee....anything happen lately?

**********

All the water we've been missing over the last 3 months got dumped in one day....

**********

I'm not afraid of snow. I am afraid of other drivers.

Especially the slow ones. I'm always afraid they're going to slam on their brakes in full on panic.

**********

Rain, baby, rain.

Melt this gunk away before it freezes.

**********

My ceiling at the store sprung a leak.

I caught it pretty fast. Stuck a bucket under it. I think only one toy container was damaged.

But it freaked me out. This is not a store where you want to spring leaks. Just a tiny bit of water can soak into cardboard and paper and it becomes a soggy mess.

I'm pretty sure we have a lake up there, probably all the water trapped by gunk. It didn't make me want to leave at 6:00 without being sure the flood was over.

But what am I going to do -- sleep here?

***********

First leak I've seen in 30 years.

Then again...it's been 30 years....

**********

I was surprised....a bunch of my comic customers came in to collect their shelves. That's the advantage of having periodicals for sale in the store. Regular regulars.

As opposed to counting on drop-in customers only.

**********

The roof guy came by pretty quickly, and he confirmed that the gunk had clogged the drains and dammed huge puddles of water.

**********

Dropped by the Bookmark and it also sprang a leak, as well as having a window that "failed."

I have to wonder if every old building in town sprang a leak.

***********

The "rain baby rain" part I wrote yesterday above?

Forget I said it.

I'll take a slow melt instead....

***********

Linda got up at 6:30 this morning and is headed for her store to see if the buckets under the leak overflowed. We were going to go back late, just before bed, but we just couldn't get up enough gumption.

So depending on how big the puddle was above her leak....

Hopefully, it's all right. Because at least the rain slowed down.

**********

Heh. All you industrious driveway shovelers.... my driveway is clear this morning.....

**********

Water related:

Pouring water into a volcano. On purpose.

Oh, oh.

I remember the last time I poured water on a hot griddle. Watch out!

Probably will crack the earth, and we'll be staring over the abyss, what? At least Central Oregon will be on the cutting edge, for once.

No comments: