Monday, January 16, 2012

Sunday T.V. is the Bee's Knee's.

I've stuck with Hell On Wheels, mostly cause I really like the whole western thing. I spent my youth watching just about every western on T.V. (Except ironically Gunsmoke and Bonanza -- my Dad was a reverse snob.)

I still think it's the most lackadaisical work crew in the history of labor.

They seem to have a real problem with trying to keep the characters workin' on the railroad, and yet having dramatic things happen to them.

Bohanon running from the law, the Swede being tarred and feathered. How they coming back?
Whatever they do, it's going to seem a little unlikely.

**********

Am still loving the Good Wife. Kalinda -- everyone falls for Kalinda. (Boys and girls. This show has more girl/girl longing looks than I've ever seen.)

I had just read an article on Bitcoins, so at least I knew what they were talking about.

**********

I watched The Firm, and you could tell they were trying for Good Wife vibe, but it didn't happen. They fell back too much on the old cliches. Won't be watching.

**********

Downton Abbey is still totally addictive.

**********

Most of my other shows seem to still be in the never/never land between re-runs, co-opting, and new shows. Which is really irritating.

1 comment:

H. Bruce Miller said...

"Downton Abbey is still totally addictive."

My wife just adores these upper-class English soap operas. I endure them for her sake.