Saturday, January 7, 2012

Sat. Shots

Stupid me, it never occurred to me that The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo would still sell. I knew that all the used copies of all three books were gone from the store, and none have come in lately. But I didn't think anyone would want it new.

So the constant flow of requests surprises me.

I mean, it was a bestseller for a couple of years, or more. There has already been a trilogy of movies released (Swedish) and well....it just seemed like old news.

But -- apparently -- a Hollywood movie. That's different.

**********

Meanwhile, Hunger Games sells O.K.

But I know the big surge is coming...

**********

We sold a whole bunch of Tintins. Unlike the usual pattern of graphic novels mostly selling in advance, in anticipation of a movie, I'm pretty sure these mostly sold to people who had seen the movie.

It had that effect on me.

**********

The Blazers seem to be winning without any big stars.

Sadly, that probably won't continue. But wouldn't it be cool if it did?

**********

Dear T.V.

QUIT putting all your good shows on SUNDAY! Even my DVR can't keep up.

**********

Tucker and Dale vs Evil: What a fun movie!

Did this movie even make it to Bend? Did I just miss that?

Also watching Troll Hunter, though I'm not a big fan of the Blair Witch kind of movie. But I appreciate the cleverness of it.

(I HATED Blair Witch, and honestly don't get why people like it...)

**********

A couple of the online reviewers of my books Snowcastles and Icetowers made fun of the possibility that people could live in such places.

But ever since, I've been reading more and more instances where people build such things, Ice Hotels and such. There was an blurb in the Bulletin the morning about a church in Bavaria that was built of snow and ice.

I just figured it was possible -- like giant igloo's.

"But how do the people handle fire?" Linda asks.

"Not my problem. It's a fantasy." I answer.

"But it IS your problem...."

"O.K. They have a special formula that makes the ice as hard as rock. Sheeesh."

2 comments:

Steve said...

"Troll Hunter" the Norwegian flick? I have it in my Netflix queue...this is unlikely a film my wife would enjoy so I am waiting for an evening when we are not watching together. Worth watching huh?

Duncan McGeary said...

Yeah, it's subtitled.

Not that the dialogue matters much.