Saturday, June 5, 2010

Your milage is going down....

Speaking of gas guzzlers.

I inherited a 1999 Toyota Solara: with only 20k miles on it. Like new.

I gave my 1990 Toyota to my son, Toby. (Who traded it in for a pickup....doh!)

Anyway, I'm pretty sure I got at least a third better gas mileage on the 1990 car. Which is just wrong, somehow. There should have been incremental improvements in mileage over that 9 years stretch, if that was the goal and it had been mandated.

Meanwhile, Linda bought a brand-new Toyota Rav, and it probably gets even worse mileage. We asked the salesman the mileage, and he spun a pretty good tale, telling us what we wanted to hear, but I think we knew he was giving us the best case scenario, what we wanted to hear, but we wanted the car....

Sorry, brown pelicans.

No comments: