Monday, December 7, 2009

T'aint nothin'

Having stayed home all day yesterday, watching F.B. (Missed the N.O. comeback over Wash.; turned too soon....) I thought the roads would be way worse this morning.

Come on, that t'ain't nothin'.

Reading all the news reports of crashes, I left ten minutes early -- and I got to work 10 minutes early.

Combined with my experience driving back from San Francisco awhile back, I'm fearful of other drivers. I mean, there was a few snow flurries, hardly anything on the road, and yet some nimrod had managed to go completely off the road.

What happens if --no, WHEN -- we have REAL snowfall?

This may be old foggieism; but I could swear we used to get a lot more snow than this, and often.

5 comments:

H. Bruce Miller said...

"What happens if --no, WHEN -- we have REAL snowfall?"

Hey Dunc, we've got 10 inches of the stuff at our place. How much do we have to get for it to be "real"?

Duncan McGeary said...

Huh. I have about an inch, northeast of Pilot Butte.

Leitmotiv said...

I have about 6 inches here on the west side of Bend.

I'm right with you though. I'm confident in my ability to drive in snow. However, I can do everything right, and still have someone smuck me because they aren't driving for the conditions. People continue to drive like it's dry pavement.

H. Bruce Miller said...

Six degrees below zero at my place this morning. I guess Dunc will tell me it's not really cold.

Duncan McGeary said...

"I watched my logger lover going through the snow
A-sauntering gaily homeward at forty eight below
The weather tried to freeze him, it tried its level best
At a hundred degrees below zero, he buttoned up his vest"