Saturday, April 7, 2007

Just a short status report. Have stuck to budget for 7 weeks now, and the sales have come in around estimated. Still not seeing any blue sky. It's sort of like having a diet of 1500 caleries a day for 7 weeks and not losing a pound.

But I'm keeping the faith. My second week of every month is very heavy, because I pay both my home mortgage and the store rent before the 10th.. Often, I pretty much have to borrow from the my third week's revenues to get there, but this month I think I'm going to be able to do it. Which possibly leaves the third week of this month, or the ninth overall week of being disciplined, before I see a little bit of blue sky.

I have to remind myself, just like a diet, that this is a permanent change, not a gimmick. I've worked out a budget that should bring a profit, if I stick to it, and also keep the store well-stocked. I just have to continue to do it.

No comments: