Friday, April 20, 2007

Got up at 4:30 to take Linda to the airport. Got there 2 minutes too late to make the flight.

Now we fly at about a once a decade pace, so we are naifs. Still, from the reaction of the woman in front of us, who also missed the flight and who was obviously more experienced, and from the sympathetic looks we were getting from the ticket agent just next to us, I suspect we ran into a couple of officious twits.

So we sat around the airport for another few hours for the next flight.

Time for work, and I feel like going back to bed.

2 comments:

dkgoodman said...

I used to enjoy flying. Now it's an irritating experience in security theater.

Duncan McGeary said...

Yeah, I told my wife I think the U.S.A. has had a nervous breakdown.

It's as if, because a bike rider got run over by a silver Mercedes, every bike rider was required to wear armor and an inflated air bag at all times.