Sunday, June 23, 2019

Almost and Done are two different states of being.

Apparently, I was feeling pressure to have a book finished for publication and didn't really know it. Finally getting the sequel to "Deadfall Ridge" done is a big relief. I think "Takeover" is finally ready. I've already contracted a cover from Mike Corley, and my editor, Lara, is going to be giving it a last edit over the next month.

My publisher, Crossroad Press, would ordinarily do both the cover and the editing, but I decided I really like Mike's work, and I really like Lara's work, and this is my package, even if it does cost me. I may do this in the future, too. This may literally cost more than I make, but I like being in control.

The pressure to finish a book was unexpected because I have a ton of books that are almost ready for publication. But almost and done are two different states of being.

I'll probably tackle the four "Tales of the Thirteen Principalities" novellas next. I have to write the ending the the "The Wyvern Riders," but "The Toad King," "Mirror God," and "Moregone" are finished except--I need to work out the geographical details.

Linda is reading "Castle La Magie" right now. When she's finished, I'll do a rewrite and then it will be ready.

Still not sure I want to start anything new soon. It seems to me to be good idea to finish up all the stuff I've already written.

No comments: