Sunday, July 30, 2017

Social Media Push.

I'm going to make a social media push. Add a few people per day on Facebook (or ask, at least). Do some posts every day other than just my blog. I'm not short of opinions.

Try to increase my presence on Twitter. I went from 50 less follows than followers, to one hundred more follows than followers, and I'm going to try to keep it in that range. Somewhere between 100 and 150 more follows than followers. So as I get follows, I can do more. I guess. Maybe I shouldn't be so chary, but that's how I'll start out.

Will not be shy about putting up posts, two or three a day as they occur to me. Hopefully amusing and insightful. Heh. Need to figure out how to post pictures from my phone.

I went to my long moribund website for Duncan McGeary. Last time I posted anything was for Tuskers! (Never mind that Tuskers IV is coming out within days.) According to Wix, I had 95 visits last week. If that's been going on, I've been failing to satisfy thousands of visits a year!

Doh! Obviously, if WWW DuncanMcGeary would get more hits than anything else. Duh!

So I added pictures of the covers to Tuskers IV and Snaked, and I'll slowly try to back fill. Plus, put my blog posts on there everyday. I'll need help trying to get some of the fine tuning, like adding links to my books.

Cleaned out my bookmarks, removing my own book links since I can get to any of them pretty easily.

Moved Twitter to the top of the bookmarks, in-between Facebook and the Best Minimum Wage Job a Middle Aged Guy Ever Had. Also moved my webpage up, and will try to add to it every day as well, if nothing else my BMWJAMAGEH entry.

Jared always said I should try to get people's emails as well, so I can notify them when new books come out. Do contests or something. I don't know.

Anyway, it's probably idiotic I didn't start this five years ago, but I just wasn't ready I guess. Now I am. Not in a spammy way, but hopefully in an interactive way.

I actually really like Facebook. I just need to get used to Twitter as well.

1 comment:

Dave Cline said...

Pertinent:

https://shift.newco.co/i-run-the-earths-smallest-startup-ef46a01bea8f