Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Got the "Tuskers IV" publisher-edits yesterday. They asked for a few small revisions and for me to look over the copy-edits.

I almost always accept edits. I'm not sure if this is because I'm a wuss or because I've been lucky so far and the suggestions haven't been out of bounds. In fact, most of them are pretty good. And as far as word changes and grammar, I find the changes are almost always for the better.

Anyway, I quickly wrote what they wanted and sent it back, so it looks like "Tuskers IV" might be ready to go. I think it came out really well, especially since it's a fourth book. It may actually be the best of the lot.

I'm very responsive to direction, I'll give myself that. I try to do what they ask. It doesn't ever seem to be a problem, despite the stories you hear about obtrusive and wrong-headed editors.

At least so far.

So I've done editing over the last three months of "Deadfall Ridge," "Snaked," and now "Tuskers IV."

I'm looking forward to writing new stuff. I still have at least one book out there that I'll probably have to do under an editor's supervision, and a possibility of another.

After that, I'm on my own unless something happens.

No comments: