Saturday, May 2, 2015

"We got this."

The MPDG Murders just keeps a coming.

I think it has a strong narrative voice, a distinctive tone, and it has a lot of energy.

Sexual energy, to be sure, but it also has psychic energy all the way through.  One thing I'm always looking for in a story are strong motivations.  Well this has sex, and survival, and love and friendship, and hate, and they are all very pure and strong.

I don't want to start doubting or second-guessing this, at least until I'm finished, but I really like it so far.

The Three Daughters of Lilith have made their entrance, but not quite as grandly as I hoped.  So I'm going to think that over today and try to figure out how to make it more powerful.

Trying to avoid silly sex innuendo's or silly sex scenes.  I mean, I really want it to seem real.  Up until now, I think the sex has been integral to the story.

Found a story on Facebook this morning about a village in the Slavic territory where the men are falling into coma's for days, then waking up and craving sex, sex, sex.  I had already imagined that the TDOL could put people to sleep and invade their dreams, so this would fit nicely if I can figure out how to do it.

So far every chapter has been good.  About half of the last five or six chapters haven't been quite as strong, which is a little disappointing.  I was hoping the flow would be strong all the way through.  But it's not too late to make them better, especially if the next chapters are better.

I'm so far ahead of schedule, that I can take a little time to mull it over, make sure that I'm really confident before continuing -- as long as I make sure I don't lose the momentum.

I have this inkling, which is a good sign, that my subconscious is saying to me, "We got this."


No comments: