Monday, May 4, 2015

No more pork. Tuskers impact.

Linda and I agreed not to buy any more pork. No bacon, the chops, no pig at all.

I can't face being a vegetarian. But maybe I can eliminate one meat at a time.  Pig farming to me is especially egregious.  Highly intelligent individuals being raised in a brutal way. 

That's it, I'm done.

I wrote a book called Tuskers, about a wild pig apocalypse, little knowing that my research would change anything.  I tried to ignore it for a while, but I keep coming back to the discomfort with the idea of killing these creatures.

I don't know that I'll be a fanatic about it.  If I'm a visitor at a house and they happen to serve pork, I won't make a stink about it.

But I can do this much.

Now I just have to be careful not to write a book about a cow apocalypse.

No comments: