Saturday, July 5, 2014

Down the rabbit hole again.

Finally starting the final rewrite of The Dead Spend No Gold.  I had to wait for Lara's critique, and then I took a few days off.  But I'm ready.

First question is -- do I add Bren's corrections to Lara's or vice verse?  Probably the latter because I've had Bren's corrections longer and have made more changes.

As I said, I'm going to do two versions.  Just a clean edit with Bren and Lara's copy-editing.

And then another copy that starts from there and rewrites.

I figure it is only going to take a couple of days to click the acceptances of the changes and correlate them.

Then two weeks of rewriting, four more days of adding historical detail, and then back to Lara for a final clean edit.

Done by August 1.

Offer it to my publisher.  If he passes, put it out myself...

So it is going to be a busy month.

No comments: