Saturday, June 7, 2014

Out of step?

I have zero interest in The Fault in Our Stars -- either the book or the movie.

I tried to digest a column by a newly published "literary" author that was so thick and clotted with words, I quit reading.

I read for entertainment.  Who are these people who are trying to tell me what to read?

I don't take these stupid internet tests.  They aren't valid.  No, I'm not Luke Skywalker.

Food is fuel.

Sports are dumb.  Especially running.  Why?

Reality shows are a waste of time and ain't real.

Sitcoms aren't funny.

Most drama's are formula.  Fuck formula.  I'm so so sick of formula.

Re-runs of Law and Order?  How is it that I've seen every one of them and barely watch them and Linda says she's never seen them and is always watching them?

There is no independent bookstore in Bend.  How can that be?

From childhood, I wanted to be a writer and/or own a bookstore.  Weird that it happened.  I probably should have included the word "successful" writer or bookstore.

Where the money is?  Look at the size of the buildings:  Healthcare, finances, real estate...

Hey rich people.  How much money do you actually need?

Bless government types.  Someone has to keep things running, I guess.  (Or not running...)

I'm not impressed by your car, your house, your clothes...really not.

I'm going to pick up a book at random and read it.  Hopefully it will be a book no one has heard of and is not approved of by the snobs of the world.  Someone spent a lot of time on that book, and I'll give it a try.  Totally random.

I don't like hot weather.  I like it the way it has been for the last month or so.

My beard is long not as a statement, but because I'm too lazy to do anything about it.

Politics are so off the rails it is painful.  What the hell, everyone?








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Huh? Running is the best thing you could do for yourself. The human body evolved to run, not sit around eating Big Macs and Twinkies. It's the most low-tech form of exercise, outside of walking and swimming.