Thursday, July 11, 2013

Stubbornly writing.

Being creative is an odd thing. 

Really, no matter how much you might want others to experience your results, you're doing it for yourself -- and even more importantly, by yourself.  It is the ultimate in inner direction.  So it also a breeding ground for doubt.

I have to remember I've only been doing this seriously for about 10 months; I flailed around for about 16 months before that.  The 16 months were necessary, however.  So, really, it's been 26 months since I started.  Which isn't all that long in the scheme of things.

I've just been putting my head down and stubbornly writing, without much concern for where or how it might lead.  Creation first, everything else second.

I'll just keep following this path until it hits a dead end, I guess.  Or something else happens. 

No comments: