Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Sick of da Hot.

Now that H.Bruce is safely out of town, I can admit that Bend has two seasons.  Winter and Summer. 

I do not remember such a sustained period of heat in my life in Bend.  It's be interesting what the records tell us...

I was inside my air condition bedroom writing for much of this heat spell, but now I'm feeling housebound.

Really, in all the time I've been writing, I've never been terribly active writing in the summer.   I think this is the first time.  Usually, about the time school starts is when I get active again -- like a Pavlovian reaction -- fall means brain work. 

Anyway, I don't like this heat.  Just really don't.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

No matter what the weather, I do know one thing for certain. With Miller gone, every day is sunny in Central Oregon!

Anonymous said...

Just because he left town doesn't mean he won't continue to whine about our weather, politics, The Bulletin, or anything else that made is life miserable living here.

Unknown said...

I'm right there with you, Duncan.
Portland people don't believe me when I say those are Bend's only seasons.