Thursday, March 4, 2010

Why do you rob banks?"... "It's where the money is!"

"Foreclosures are selling like hotcakes!" says a local real estate blog.

Wouldn't that be more like wet, soggy, pancakes?

**********

These Summit guys have 16.8 million dollars to give back?

And still keep their houses and "other" assets?

Come on, they were running a glorified real estate company, in Bend, Oregon, where they were supposed to park people's money and gather interest....They weren't running a international hedge fund.

The very fact that they accumulated so much money in a local company says to me, well, something was screwy. Very screwy.

*********

So the city of Bend hired a pollster to ask if citizens would "oppose tax increase."

I wish they'd just give me the money, next time. I give them an immediate two letter answer and then I'd take the money and spend locally. They'd have their answer, and I'd have their money, and then -- I promise -- I'd spend it.

What say you?

Or...maybe they could just kind of ask that inner voice that tells you common sense things. And I'd bet that little voice would say to them, "Hmmm....maybe this would be bad timing....."

Oh, and I can save you money on the next tourist poll. The answers are:

People stay with relatives, motels, or camping.

They come for the outdoors.

They like the shop downtown.

There....satisfied? Just send me a check.

**********

Finally some new shows on T.V. Though 4 hours of Law and Order over two nights is a little much.

No comments: