Monday, March 1, 2010

What we have here, is a failure to communicate.

Dear City of Bend, As your guardian, I have to reject your proposed UGB plans.

"Huh?"

I said, we are rejecting your UGB plans.

"What?"

"You have not proven the need, your conclusions are flawed, and you have not followed proper procedures."

"Why?"

???? Why what?

"But State of Oregon, we worked really really hard on this!"

That may be so, but your results are flawed. You are missing the evidence you need to convince us.

"But we have the evidence! The dog ate it."

Nevertheless.

"Come on Oregon, can't you give me a C- for old time's sake. You're going to keep us from being the big time city we've always knew we'd become."

Sigh. I'll explain again. Your plan is too big and your locations are not supported by the evidence.

"I'm Baffled!"

Puts head in hands and groans. "You have failed to use proper terminology and zoning codes. We have no way of knowing what you're talking about."

"I'm mystified!"

Oregon throws up hands. See you in the appeals process....

No comments: