Thursday, May 25, 2023

Going to change things a little.

If any of you are still reading this blog, I've made a couple of decisions.

I know, I know, you're expecting me to quit. Nope. The opposite. In fact, you'll probably notice a lot more posts, daily and multi-daily.

I've been lagging on my posting for a few years now. Not because I'm not writing blogposts: I am, but I'm writing them to myself. See, I haven't wanted to offend anyone, or hurt anyone, or -- I suppose -- reveal myself too much on my blog.

But, ironically, the fact that so few people are reading this blog these days is emboldening me to cut loose a little. I mean, I still don't want to offend or hurt people, but I think I can probably be a little more daring in what I let myself post.

When I started this blog, way back in 2006, I didn't have any preconceived notions about what was allowed, or what was normal, or whether anyone would possibly read my blog. But I slowly learned that the online world can be pretty ruthless.

Not that I've ever had that much trouble, but I also didn't really want to go there. 

Anyway, I became much more careful and the more careful I became, the less I wrote. If what I wrote was ended up being a snippet rather than essay, it ended up on Facebook instead.

Anyway, I'm going to allow myself a little more leeway here. Hopefully, it'll work out.

NOTE: I'd like to pin this to the top of this blog, but damned if I can figure out how.

No comments: