Monday, September 14, 2020

We humans done fucked up.

 This whole thing has me re-calibrating my feelings toward my fellow humans.

We humans done fucked up. Sorry about that, future generations.

When I was young I suppose I thought most people were good, with a few bad apples. Even then, most of the bad apples I saw as villains in books, not so much real life. I mean, there were super villains like Hitler or Stalin, but the rest of us were fighting the good fight. Right?

As I got older, I realized that it was more complicated, but I still think I thought the glass was half full; everyone had some bad stuff, but everyone had some good stuff too.

Nowadays, I tend to think that as a species we are at best thoughtless, at worse an existential threat to all living things. We haven't progressed beyond the greedy grasping apes we once needed to be to survive. It's a constantly losing battle with the few wise and generous among us trying desperately to stave off the baser instincts of the crowd.

And we're losing that battle.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I agree with your analysis of our species. Nothing can save us from ourselves except us. God hope the best among us can prevail. Peace.