Monday, October 5, 2015

Too sexy for my resume.

Woke up in the middle of the night worried about publishing Blood of the Succubus under my own name.

I had an image of someone  -- maybe a young person -- reading Led to the Slaughter going to BOTS and being offended, or vice versa and being disappointed.

I believe it's a worthy book. I think it deserves to be published. The sex in it is not gratuitous or over the top -- but there is a lot of it. The sex is integral to the story, not the reason for the story -- but it is still there almost in every chapter.

How much is too much? What is explicit? How will Amazon treat it?

One solution would be to publish it under the name D. M. McKinnon. Not try to hide the fact that it's me that wrote it, but distinguish it as a different creature. Of course, if it is successful, it removes any benefit to the Duncan McGeary brand.

Thing is -- I want to distinguish it, but not disown it. In other words, I want it to be proudly published, and I'm perfectly willing to own up to having written it, but I want to make sure that people know that it is a different beast.

I suppose it's not a problem until it's published, but I need to think about all the ramifications.


No comments: