Friday, October 9, 2015

Officially starting the 3rd Virginia Reed Adventure.

As of this week, I've started The Darkness You Fear: the Ghosts of the Lost Blue Bucket Mine. Roy at Books of the Dead has more or less given me the go-ahead.

It's set in eastern Oregon, so I'm going to try to fit in a couple of road trips before the snows fall.  Try to follow the path of the lost wagon train as best I can.

The first week has been about trying to outline the book. So far, it's been coming up with story ideas, which are coming relatively easily.

I'm pretty excited to do this. Virginia Reed is probably my favorite character I've written, and it's nice that she is the main character.

I've got a bunch of research books to go through, as well.

I think this has real possibilities. 


No comments: