Sunday, October 11, 2015

Short reviews.

The Bastard Executioner is incoherent. Motivations are upside down and backward. Pretty bad. Sorry for all the people who loved Sons of Anarchy, but I felt the same way about that show.

Watched The Last Kingdom last night. Much better. Sympathetic characters, at least. But it feels a little too mainstream, if you know what I mean. What I'd like is something fairly extreme, but which makes sense.

Speaking of which, Linda and I have been binge watching, Mr. Robot. Great show. Very dark.  I'm liking it a lot.

Meanwhile, I thought Fear The Walking Dead was horrible. The last two episodes were OK, like a middling Walking Dead episode, except that the "heroes" did some pretty despicable things.  But the first few episodes were truly awful. I know, I know. "But the people didn't know about zombies!" blah, blah, blah. All the defenses I've heard. Stupid is stupid, whatever.

The Good Wife is brilliant as usual. Whenever I think I might be writer, I just watch that show and despair. Oh, well.

Castle. I'm done. Really done. Manufactured drama. It's gotten very tired.

I enjoyed the first two episodes of Scream Queens, but they have finally done it. Three shows at the same time I want to watch -- and I can only tape two. So I'm letting it go.

Gotham has been very good. I'm glad they're going there -- to the darkside. There is zero chemistry between the two romantic leads, but other than that, I think it's right on.

Agents of Shield. Kind of a mess. Never really congeals into anything very meaningful. But entertaining enough.

The Martian. Good movie. I predict some idiots will think it's real. Heh.

Binge watching is all well and good, when it's 10 episodes or less. But I've never felt like I had the time to go back and do Soprano's or Breaking Bad, no matter how good they are supposed to be. American Horror Story is becoming the same problem. Too much.


No comments: