Sunday, April 26, 2015

A very productive day.

(Written yesterday.)

Got on a roll writing The Manic Pixie Dream Girl Murders today.  I think this is going to be one of my "fast" books that demand to be written.  I'm going way past my 2K a day word average, which is cool as long as I'm not forcing it.

Wrote the first chapter and it came out really well, I think.  (I'd already written the second and third chapter, and yeah, that was weird.)  It had a fairly explicit sex scene in it -- there's a succubus in this book, after all.  But I think it worked.

I'm taking a break to recharge my working computer, and going to get to work doing more tonight.  I love this sense of excitement.  There's just this feeling that there is a book there and all I need to do is peel back the package.

I've got a new character today, as well as a couple of new powers for the bad girl.

I probably need something else to extend it to a full book, but I can write a couple more chapters before I worry about that -- hopefully something will pop up naturally.  I never worry about length anymore.  I write the story as is.  There always seemed to be a couple of ideas I can expand on if I don't quite get there -- but usually that isn't a problem.

Assemble the premise and the cast of characters and the plot takes care of itself.


Later:  A very productive day.  Ended up writing 8K good words.  Nothing I wasn't happy with.  Came up with some more characters, and pretty much a solid lock on the first half of the book plus a rough idea for the second half of the book.

I'm really happy with it.  



No comments: