Sunday, October 12, 2014

Waiting for a breakthrough.

The plot isn't going where I expected.  Usually, that's a good thing.  Plots that are too easy or too foreordained, also tend to be predictable.

So I'm fine with it.  It comes with the new characters.

I'm having to change some of the relationships and some of the personalities so that they all fit in.  Also a good thing. 

But I do seem to be struggling with my writing right now, which hasn't been my usual experience over the last couple of years.  I'd wonder if my creative surge is coming to an end except that Tuskers I and II came so quickly and easily.

The only thing I can think to do is keep making the time, try to coax the ideas and words, and just hang in there.

I've having some 1000 word days, which are a struggle, instead of 2000 word days where I'm purposely holding myself back.

Is it because the book isn't going where it's supposed to go?

I don't see how, since I'm not sure where the book is going.  Maybe that's it.  I don't know.

Going to cloister myself again, and hope for a breakthrough.

No comments: