Thursday, October 16, 2014

2nd quarter: my book sales.

Got a report from Books of the Dead Press of my book sales from April through June.

Better than I expected.  Not setting the world on fire, but enough to feel like I've got my foot in the door.

I had a rough idea of sales for Led to the Slaughter from Amazon, but there were some under the wire things happening that I couldn't see. 

Sales on the Vampire Evolution Trilogy were quite a bit higher than I knew.

There were some promotional sales that happened that bumped the numbers up a little, but didn't amount to as much in royalties.  I'm perfectly okay with that, in fact I was going to maybe recommend to the publisher that he do more of that.

Smashword sales still weren't huge, but much better than that month and a half I had in the first quarter. I'm pretty sure they don't include sales from Barnes and Noble, Apple, Kobo, or the rest yet.  Not sure if it matters, the vast bulk of sales are likely to be Amazon, followed by Smashwords, and then the rest.

I know the books continued to sell at a slightly slower pace in the 3rd quarter, July through September, so I've got that to look forward to.  They've stopped selling as well in the 4th quarter so far, but I'm hoping that the release of The Dead Spend No Gold (soon, I'm told) will help that.

I'm trying to see this as a long term process.  That each book will help the previous book and so forth.

Onward.

No comments: