Friday, October 17, 2014

Dystopian Authors and Fans.

Joined a Facebook group called A Band of Dystopian Authors and Fans.  Seem like my kind of people.

Just in time, too, since Tuskers is my first true post-apocalyptic story.

Got the edited version back from Lara.  It'll take me a couple of days to go through her edits and add the ones I've done myself.  Then I'm going to send it on to a publisher who expressed interest and try to get a commitment of some kind.

I sent Tuskers II to Lara.

I'm halfway through Tuskers III.  It will get done, I have no doubt.

There has been a bit of an uproar in the small press world, since a company that was making a lot of waves, Permuted Press, has been making some questionable moves.  My publisher, Books of the Dead Press, wanted to make a statement about how he is different from that and asked all his authors for quotes to put in a splash ad in Cemetery Dance magazine, which I was glad to provide, as were most of his other authors.  I've been feeling fortunate that I hooked up with a company that seems to have integrity and seems to know the horror niche so well.

Interesting times in the publishing world.

I know at some point I'll make the leap to self-publishing, but I figure it doesn't hurt to get a little grounding with established publishers first.

I keep working on my Lander series (Faerylander, Wolflander, Ghostlander, so far) and I'm thinking of it as my magnum opus.  The series that I spend the most time doing.  I've already paid for the first two covers, so there is nothing to stop me from putting them out myself.

But, one step at at time.  I don't really want to release my books so fast that they step on each other, so I'm just going to be patient and get each book ready for their best time.

No comments: