Friday, October 24, 2014

An awesome ending.

I'm trying to think of an awesome ending to the Tuskers trilogy.  I'm willing to wait for it.

I kept thinking all along that I was going to get bigger, more apocalyptic in scope, but the story has remained local.  Which is actually consistent with the tone of the first book, and then the second book, and now the first half of the third book.

But I think I'm going to try to go big for the last half of the third book.  Jump ahead a couple of years, have everything ramped up to a higher level.

I need to go back into the second book and insert a Tusker villain who can summon the Zombie forces.

We'll see.  I've given into the tonal quality of the book, the kind of disaster movie type plot, so far.  But there has to be an Armageddon in this apocalypse.  A Ragnarok.

A satisfyingly big conclusion. 

No comments: