Saturday, October 11, 2014

Cloistered.

I cloistered myself yesterday.  Took my shower, got dressed, and got to work.  Pretty much shut myself in my darkened bedroom with my laptop and waited for the words.  It took all day, but I got there.

The focus was on the book.  Make the book good.  Don't worry about deadlines, don't worry about the finished product, just engage in the process.

A couple of things happened, which I'll talk about in more detail in a couple of other posts today.

One was, I realized that I pretty much take procrastination into account when I do this.  It doesn't take all day to write 2000 words.  Most of the day is spent waiting around.

The other thing was, after taking a nap, a couple of characters came to me that were full developed in conception.  Two characters I really liked.  The only real question was -- could the book handle two more characters?

I decided it could, barely.  At any rate, I like these two new characters too much not to use them.

So I didn't go for a walk yesterday, but I nevertheless woke up at 4:00 in the morning with a sore knee.  What???  I think, sometimes, my joints just snap wrong or something.  Took an Aleve and it feels okay this morning, just a little sore.

Also almost got sick to my stomach, and almost passed out from lightheadedness.  This comes from low blood pressure if I get up too quickly.  I'd intended to drink some wine last night, but once again I didn't do it, thank goodness.  That seems to be my regular thing now.  I just don't drink.  Not a conscious decision, just a slow devolution.

Going to cloister myself today again, and the next day, and the next.

I do owe Linda some book filing time.  She needs my help and I sort of enjoy doing it.

But writing first.





No comments: