Monday, August 4, 2014

The writing is enough.

When I'm writing, I don't have that many doubts.

It's only when I'm not writing that I wonder if I'm wasting my time.

When I'm writing, I'm doing my best.  It isn't as though I'm not using all my creativity and skill.  I'm lost in the story, in the telling of the story, in the characters and events.  I'm saying it in a flow, that comes from inside.  It feels good.

If I set it aside and come back to it, I see all the flaws.  It can be dispiriting.  But then, when I correct the mistakes, it can be rejuvenating.

I have decided to compartmentalize my writing.  The expectations of publication are beyond me.  I simply can't seem to affect that one way or the other.

But the writing I can do.

So that's what I'm going to do.  Just write.  Without any expectation.  Just do it.

I wasn't sure at first if that would be enough, but the more I write, the more satisfied I am with writing.  I enjoy it.  It's uplifting.  It fulfills me.

That's enough.

No comments: