Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Taglines for Tuskers I thru III.

I'm writing this from my new MacBook Air.

The computer I bought at Christmas was a flop.  I tried to save a little money by buying something other than an Apple and that was a mistake, obviously.

This will have a long battery life and is light enough to throw in my backpack and take anywhere I go.  So....cool.  I'm liberated.  I can write whenever and wherever I want.

I'm going to ask Aaron to adjust this machine to copy my other laptop as much as possible.  For instance, when I scroll I go the opposite direction than the one that is installed.  (Which drives me crazy.)

Simple things that most people probably know how to do...




Checked Smashwords for the first time in a couple of months.  Led to the Slaughter had dropped off the best-seller lists for a month...so thought that was it.  But I'm back on the lists, so that's pretty cool.  Apparently it doesn't mean much in actual sales, but at least the book is getting noticed by somebody.

I'm hoping to get the second quarter results from my publisher.  I have a vague idea of how it's gone, but it would be nice to see more info.

One thing that is interesting to me.

If you plug in my book on Amazon and search for best-selling books including reviews Led to the Slaughter is #165 out of 53,000 books.  Which is pretty good, when you consider how many good horror books have been written and how many good authors there are.

That doesn't really translate into sales, unfortunately.  But still...I need all the encouragement I can get.

 

Hoping to finish Tuskers II in the next day or two.

Then immediately start in on Tuskers III.

My total focus is to make these as fun and fast-moving as possible.

I think I've come up with the three taglines.

TUSKERS:  The pigs are not all right.
TUSKERS II:  Stay out of the desert.
TUSKERS III:  Mankind is so over.







No comments: