Friday, August 29, 2014

I want to know about You.

I quit smoking -- like fifty times.

I've never announced I was giving up on social media because I doubted I was and because if I stop doing something, I just stop doing it.

So I stopped checking Twitter, completely, without saying anything. 

The only social media I still go to is Facebook.  (And Reddit, which is not 'social' for me, I just browse.)

Last night, I checked Facebook and I'd say about 30 out of the top 50 entries were videos.  Not original videos, but passed along.  Of the twenty left, 10 were non-original photos.  It took forever for me to weed out the crap.

I don't know if this is a new feature but as I scroll down, the damn videos start playing whether I want them to or not.  It freezes the computer for a few seconds each time and is totally distracting.  If I can figure out a way to turn off or avoid that feature, I might continue but it really is the last straw.  (With Reddit I at least have a choice about whether I want to see something or not.)  Add that to the advertising, and the incredibly stupid "tests" and I've had it.

Enough, already.

Here's the thing.  I want to know about you.  Not about some fluffy cat or squirming piglet.  You.

So I'm going to check Facebook to see if there are any personal comments -- and then stop.  Because I'd done.


No comments: