Wednesday, October 2, 2013

SHIELD and Hobbit.

Watched the second episode of SHIELD.  It was pretty blah.  The two English nerds were annoying.  Agent Coulson continues to be the best part of the show.

But I do trust Joss Whedon.  He always starts out slow.  If this can make it to the second season, it will probably be awesome.


The trailer to the Hobbit 2 looks pretty cool.  I'm looking forward to seeing it.

What it isn't -- is the Hobbit.

Sorry, wrong tone, wrong pace.

I recently wrote a book that paralleled the events in the Hobbit -- a Cyberpunk adventure where instead of one "ring" to rule them all, it was one "flashdrive" to rule them all.  I called Freedy Filkins: To Rule Them All.  (Available on Smashwords and Amazon.)

Yes, I'm comparing my book to the movie.  I have a very light touch, not heavy handed.  The Hobbit in my memory had a very light touch.  But maybe that's just me.

Like I said, I'm not putting down the movie -- just saying that the book is different.  More than the usual difference.


No comments: