Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Finished Spell Realm.

I've finished Spell Realm. 

Boy, this one didn't come easy.  In fact, if I hadn't stalled so close to the end, I might have given up on it.  It took me nearly a month to do the last 10% of the book -- which is considerably slower than I've been writing.

As a general rule, it is probably best for me to finish what I've started.  But I probably should try a little harder before I start writing to be sure it is something I want to finish.

The book feels a little sparse and a little clunky -- but there is nothing so off that it can't be fixed.

I'm going to give it some time.  Leave it be and go on to the next thing.

All this writing I've done has sort of narrowed down in my mind what my strengths and weaknesses are as a writer, and so it's time for me to construct a book that takes advantage of my strengths and ameliorates my weaknesses.

There are elements where I think I can do better than I have so far, and I'd like to work on those things. 

I'd like to plan ahead much more, make sure I'm satisfied with the premise and the plot.  Flesh out the characters and settings. 

No comments: