Saturday, September 14, 2013

Bend bops.

I've probably said this before, but writing a book is a lot like being really really engrossed in reading a book.  I come back to reality with a mixture of regret and satisfaction.

**********

I've also decided it's time to take myself less seriously as a writer.  Just have fun and quit worrying about it.

**********

I've taken the exclamation mark out of the title, As You Wish.  Wonder how many times I'll go back and forth on that.  I'm thinking of calling it Wish World instead.

**********

It's amazing how often I see that little section of Central Oregon on national maps of different things.
For instance, a map I saw recently of "hipsters who move to Brooklyn" which had the Portland area, of course -- and there -- in the middle of the state -- good old Bend.

**********

Interesting to see some of the downtown Redmond merchants actually pushing back against street closures.  Maybe because the events have only recently been possible, they can see more clearly their impact.

Downtown Bend merchants all seem so brainwashed that it's good for them than none of them seem to be able to think for themselves.

**********

Combining a couple of concerns.  If they are going to build the new college out there southwest, they are definitely going to need to keep the bus system going -- obviously with extensions to the college.
Not sure how I feel about the location.  Haven't put any thought into it.  Probably better than mixing two colleges together in the West Hills or having too heavy an impact on the Old Mill --

And Juniper.  Once again proves to be a bad option.  (That makes three concerns.)

All we need now is a couple of major industries to move to town, and we are officially a real "city."

**********

You know, for all the gloom and doom, at least we avoided (so far) a war in Syria.

**********



No comments: