Monday, September 9, 2013

As You Wish. A new book.

Have started a new book:  As You Wish.

It's straight fantasy.  Strangely enough, I think it might be a prequel to Sometimes a Dragon.

Wrote the first three chapters in one day, and I like it.  I think it will be fun to write, and that's what I'm looking for right now.

Couldn't face working on the second half of Faerylander.  Just didn't feel like it.  So much easier and fun to write something fresh.

Linda is encouraging me to finish Faerylander, which she thinks has some neat ideas.  I do want to finish it.  So I'll try to do both for a little while until I'm done with the rearrangement of Faerylander, then I'll set it aside and work on As You Wish.

I want to give Faerylander a little room to breath before I tackle it once again.

Meanwhile, I'm looking forward to letting my imagination go on As You Wish.  Anything is allowed.  Anything.  Just as long as it makes sense.

I think I'm getting better at setting up the original premise with enough components to make a book, but not so many that it gets unwieldy.  Every chapter has to kick the story forward in some way.  The characters need to be sympathetic.

And I have great faith now that my subconscious will complete the story.

No comments: