Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Finished plotting.

Took another 3 chapters of Led to the Slaughter to writer's group last night.  Grasping at straws, but when I finished Pam said, "That was really good."  I know, I know.  That's what people always say, right?  But not really, not voluntarily out of turn, not in a genuine voice.

I'll take whatever small encouragements I can get.

In the course of rewriting this week, I thought it was really good too.  And I don't normally think that about my own work. Usually I have much more doubt.

I worked out the ending of Blood of Gold yesterday, and I got an euphoric creative rush.   I think the surprise at the end is sufficient to justify all the rest.  Now I just need to sit down and finish the book, and therefore the trilogy, starting Friday.

No comments: