Sunday, August 23, 2009

Dear Publisher,

Dear Publisher,

I have operated a small bookstore, PEGASUS BOOKS, in Bend, Oregon for the past 30 years. For the last three years, I have been writing a blog called, "The Best Minimum Wage Job A Middle Aged Guy Ever Had," recounting the adventures and misadventures of small business in a boom and bust town.

So far, I haven't missed a day. Many of the entries have to do with local doings, but many others are about the day to day process of running a small business. I always thought I'd write a book about how to run to run a successful business, but I thought the "Minimum Wage" part of the title wouldn't be much of a come on.

Recently, a customer suggested a different tack, that just reading about how a Mom and Pop enterprise operates would be of interest to some people.

Enclosed you will find 10 random entries, that will give you a flavor of how I write and what I write about. Or, you may visit my blog, The Best Minimum Wage Job a Middle Aged Guy Ever Had at http://pegasus-dunc.blogspot.com/ or better yet, just google the title of my blog.

If you google DUNCAN MCGEARY you'll find I wrote 3 fantasy novels in the early '80's which are widely available on the web.

Please let me know if you are interested.

Yours,

Duncan McGeary
Pegasus Books
Bend, Oregon 97701

No comments: