Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Why do I #%^# with my routine?

Doing stuff I'll talk about later, no doubt.  Sort has thrown me off my routine.

I've been trying to come up with the last four or five chapters of Blood of Gold.  It's not just the end of that book, but the end of an entire trilogy.  So it has to kill.

I have a very vague Good versus Evil ending, but not the particulars.  Or how to make it special.  So that's how I'm going to spend today.  Walking around muttering to myself until it clicks.

Yesterday I did some rewriting on Led to the Slaughter.  Added some historical details.  Made many of the changes that the writer's group recommended.  Both things I wanted to do.

I always say I don't like rewriting -- but I should say, of course I rewrite.  All the freaking time.  Always the doubt though that I should do more.  I'm afraid of messing with it, frankly, so I try to have a light touch.  But it always seems like I could do more.  So I just have to decide when to let it go.

Why do I fuck with my routine?  I love my routine.

No comments: