Thursday, August 22, 2013

Villainous schemes.

With DC's villains month, they have put about half of the money I've tried so hard to save up for taxes, at risk.

I'm way overextended if this thing doesn't pan out.

For all this risk, they have allocated so severely that I'll see maybe a 20% bump in sales on those titles.  Because I don't know what is going to happen, I've ordered more of the 2D regular covers than I really want to, because I don't want to disappoint the customers.

It isn't about the sales, it's about the customers.

They've put me in a position where I simply can't do the job I promised my customers I would do.

I mean I can say it's an "Act of (DC) God" and maybe they'll forgive me.

I will be able to return the 2D covers, but I have to pay for them and absorb that cashflow hit for at least a couple of months -- which happen to coincide with my taxes.

It was unnecessary and could have been planned better.


No comments: