Saturday, February 4, 2012

When 1.00 rent is too much.

Arts Central is leaving a 1.00 rent per year.
I've always maintained that cheap rent isn't the be all and end all.

**********

Digging in sand is bad for you? My god, how did any of us survive our youth?

**********

Greg Oden has a career in knee surgery.

**********

Going to DVR the Superbowl. Nobody tell me.

**********

I don't know why I don't like to Twitter.

**********

So the the city council has finally decided that current infrastructure is more important than building for future growth. Took them long enough.

**********

No legal proof, Lance. But I still think you're a fraud.

**********

Alan Moore is a grump. But he has earned the right to be a grump.

**********

Our retirement account is up about 10% lately. It's just funny money. It could just as easily disappear tomorrow. Probably will.

**********

Our cat is getting about a quarter cup of food a day, and she still isn't losing weight. I think she's stopped moving at all. (she's still breathing, that's not what I meant.)

**********

As soon as I read the jobs report, I went to check out the Doubters. (Not the Haters, the Doubters.) They seemed to agree it was real improvement. Of course, you have to ignore the real 20% rate, but still....

**********

Linda loves making bookmarks for her store (The Bookmark, heh.) She sells them for 1.00 and donates to a food pantry. We get tons of catalogs which give her raw material. I suspect she puts at least a 1.00 into making them (not even counting time) but she enjoys doing it.

**********

That's it. I'm not kissing anyone from Prineville.

**********

I have to admit, Las Vegas is probably worse off than us.

No comments: