Saturday, February 18, 2012

The gargoyle wants in.

I wasted yesterday. I think my sub-conscious was disgusted, and was saying "Idiot!" and trying to get me going again.

I've already planned a second book with the same characters, called "The Case of the Lovelorn Gargoyle." (Or perhaps just, "The Lovelorn Gargoyle.")

Woke up this morning with this paragraph running through my head:

"I don't know why I bother to have an office.

I was sitting at my desk when I heard a rapping on the window behind me. I turned around to see a gargoyle staring glumly at me. Glumly -- I know, I know, how could I tell?"


That may not be how it ends up, but I take it as a sign that underneath it all, I'm getting impatient again.


I think I'm intimidated by the thought of actually letting anyone read "I'm Only Human". But I need to get over that, and just get it done, whether it's good, bad, or indifferent.

1 comment: