Saturday, August 20, 2011

The internet is a mind-sucking black hole.

And the site Flavorwire has tipped me beyond the event horizon.

It could just have easily been YouTube, or an other incredibly dense pop culture site, but I've managed to avoid them up till now.

I've purposely limited my bookmarks to a couple dozen sites, and tried to stick with them. I mean, the Huffington Post is bad enough. Because I have the kind of mentality that wants to know EVERY pop culture reference. Which is not only impossible, but pretty fucking useless.

I've just spent an hour at Flavorwire listening to great overlooked rock songs -- which are all great, all make me want to listen to more.

This, after spending half an hour with Linda this morning watching dolphins swim with dogs, and kittens in bowls, and bike riding chimps. Arrgggghhh!

I think what has doomed me is sound. Believe it or not, I purposely had no sound on any of my computers until I got a laptop. So it's the laptop's fault.

Just turn it off, you say?

Yeah, right.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

all 'masturbatory' activity's fall into this classification,

watching tv ( 1950's )

playing with cb radio ( 1970's )

computers ( 1980's )

internet ( 1990's )

Anonymous said...

Human see human do

4 legs good, 2 legs bad,