Thursday, July 7, 2011

Short thurs.

Watched The Black Death the other night, and once again Sean Bean meets a very bad end. I think his pin-cushion demise in LOTR's was the least gruesome I've seen....

He must be earning karmic movie brownie points somewhere...

**********

Watched the documentary about Spitzer last night.

If a man is judged by his enemies, he's a saint. (A prostitute frequenting saint.)

Hank Greenberg of AIG looks like a troll -- if a man's character is reflected on his face, the guy is a shriveled up little gnome. Then the guy who was one of the founders of Home Depot, who was a big fat bully, and who part of the way through mentions is "good friend" Jack Welch -- who, if you read this blog you know I despise -- and I thought, yep, birds of a feather.

Wall Street is irredeemably corrupt.

**********

I need to read my Stoic philosophy again.

**********

The month has started off really well at the store.

Whoops. I just jinxed it. Forget I ever said it.

**********

3 comments:

H. Bruce Miller said...

God, here's Buster raving about the JOOOZE again. Duncan, why do you allow this shit to be posted on your blog?

Duncan McGeary said...

You're right, it's gone.

H. Bruce Miller said...

Thank you.