Thursday, June 6, 2019

I'm still working through my heart attack.

Part of me wants to finish up my books as quickly as possible and get them out there.

Part of me want to take my time finishing up my books, make sure they're right.

Part of me wants to just write something new, that might be better than anything I've done.

And part of me wonders what the point is, why bother?

80% of what I've made in the last 15 months has been from "Deadfall Ridge." All my other books combined make up the other 20%, which just shows the power of BookBub, but even more the relative futility of plunking anything out there not using BookBub.

Who knows if I'll ever get accepted again, or if I do, I'll have the same results.

I've thought it over, and I suspect my first three books have probably sold ten times what even "Deadfall Ridge" has done, because they were mass distributed in the early 80s and that was a whole different ballgame. One of them was distributed in the British Commonwealth and showed up all over the world.This, despite my feeling that I am three times the writer I was back then.

Well, first things first. Finish Spell Realms: Castle La Magie. Then see what happens.

Put out "Eden's Return" and "Takeover at the Fossil Beds" and see what happens.

One step at a time.

No comments: