Saturday, August 4, 2018

Daily "Fateplay" rewrite journal, Day 8

Two days of not writing. Maybe three days?

Minor turmoil overall in life, the kind that wouldn't have stopped me a few years ago but now throws me off my stride. A bit more finicky.

It appears that Sabrina wants Mondays back and I'm going to give it to her. I enjoyed working, but she needs the hours. Anyway, I can still come in and hang around; I just need to make sure I do that on a regular basis.

This is sort of a crux point in my book and I want to get it right. I believe--I hope--that after the next couple of chapters it's just a matter of adapting the rest of the book to the changes.

I'm going to push it a little harder than 10 pages a day because while that number lets me ruminate a lot, I tend to end up just ruminating and not writing. I probably need to be a bit more intensive over the next 3 weeks or so.



Wrote the new chapter. It didn't turn out the way I expected, but it did the job.

I can't tell if I'm completely screwing up this story by doing these changes or making it better. More complicated, that's for sure. I guess I'll have to see how it reads when I'm finished. 

Page 63 = talking coyote. Either I'm jumping the shark or making it interesting. 


No comments: