Thursday, August 2, 2018

Daily "Fateplay" rewrite, Day 6.

My friend Wes visited yesterday and in the end I didn't really get any writing done.

But I did get some thinking done. The most important thing that hit me was that something big, something that cleaved the story like an axe, needed to happen next. Something big that carried forward.

I didn't know what it would be.

I also had a character who died in the middle of the book in the original chapter. I had him being sick and everyone getting all sad, but now I have a different character who motivates the story by disappearing, and since they are similar characters, I figured two of them was too much to quietly leave that story. At least that way.

But if something explosive happens, then it kind of motivates the story better. Slept on it and realized that's what I needed to do--take the character who dies a little later and have something drastic happen, and then have one of the visions of some kind tell the survivors that they needed to carry forward with the plan, that the answers would come that way.

This morning I woke up with the idea that something really big happens--like a robot protecting Que, following him around, and no one seems to thinks that's strange though in the world Que knew there weren't robots who could follow him around.

It's that kind of story. Heh.

No comments: