Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Star Axe back in print.

In my early 20's, I had a sleepless night dreaming up a fantasy story. It took me five years to actually finish it, and it was published in 1980.

Star Axe. https://www.amazon.com/Star-Axe-Duncan-McGeary-ebook/dp/B078X1DLFV/

It was a mass distribution paperback, selling all over the country. Pretty exciting.

Many years later, I tracked down the original cover artist and bought the art, intending to put it out myself. I scanned the book, but it was such a mess that I only got about 2/3rds of the way cleaning it up.

Crossroad Press, who bought my Tuskers series and Snaked, specialize in reprints, so they took it on and scanned it and this version was easy to correct, took me a few hours.

And now it is up for sale.

The cover blurb is "Classic Sword and Sorcery Novel Back in Print at Last!" which is admittedly a little cheeky. I feel like I'm a much better writer now, but people seemed to like it at the time, so I decided it wasn't fair to change something that people have already read. It is what it is.

I would really dig having a physical version of the book, but I've sort of decided to let the publishers do whatever the publishers want.

I'm going to be over here writing.

No comments: