Friday, January 12, 2018

Didn't write yesterday and had no good reason.

Didn't walk yesterday; it was raining.

Today, no excuses. What's really happening here is that I've decided that writing only on my walks means that I'm going to miss too many days, because of cold, snow or moisture. But working at home is a little problematic too. Linda is home most of the time nowadays, and that's thrown me off. I didn't realize that her working 5 days a week had given me a lot of psychic room.

But she is fully retired, so I have to work around it.

I have an office, but I spend most of my time with my computer at the dining room table. I really need to change that.

So I'm going to concentrate on writing in my office. I don't know how long it will take to get a new routine installed, but it needs to be done. The writing while walking will be extra, instead of the main impetus. If I can get my office to be the creative trigger, than I'll be set.

I figure it will be 3 steps forward and 2 steps back for awhile. Yesterday I closed the office door and then played solitaire for hours. I lay back on the couch trying to think of ideas and fell asleep.

But I think it needs to be done. I have a whole office that isn't being used. I have books I want to write. I need to merge the two. 

No comments: